About Life Church
We are a non-denominational, evangelical church in the heart of White Rock. We've been serving the people of South Surrey White Rock since 1967, formerly known as White Rock Christian Fellowship.
Our Pastors are members of MFI Canada and we participate in the Peninsula Pastors Network here in the local community. Our church is a society registered in the province of British Columbia, and a registered charity with the Canada Revenue Agency.
Statement of Faith
We Believe In:
1. One God, the Creator of all things, revealed as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; totally loving and completely holy, and His sovereignty and grace in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
2. Jesus Christ our Saviour, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, fully God and fully man.
3. The death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ; His bodily ascension to heaven, His enthronement, and His personal and visible return for His church. The Final Judgment will result in the eternal life of the believer, and the eternal separation from God of the unbeliever.
4. The Holy Spirit, the Spirit-filled life, and the present-day operation of His gifts.
5. The inspiration of the Bible, God’s word, comprised of the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments; and that it is accurate, authoritative and applicable to our everyday lives.
6. The creation and fall of humanity, and the salvation of sinners solely by grace, through repentance and faith in the work of Christ.
7. The one universal church, the body of Christ, and her local expressions, local churches.
8. The public gathering of the church together for prayer, worship, teaching and preaching of the Bible and the administering of Water Baptism and Communion.
9. Marriage, as the union established by God between one man and one woman who enter into a lifelong relationship through a ceremony recognized by the church.
10. The reality and personality of spirit beings in the form of angels and demons and their impact on our lives today.
Leadership & Staff
Our Lead Pastor Matt came to Life Church in 2019 first to serve as an Associate Pastor. He is passionate about: glorifying God, his wife, Tonya, his three kids, building the kingdom of God and the Vancouver Canucks. Matt has been in church leadership his entire adult life as a Young Adults leader, Worship leader, Intern director, District Pastor and Elder. He is a life long learner with a fervent desire to inspire others to pursue Christ.
Besides managing a home with three rambunctious kids (and one rambunctious husband), Tonya is a Lead Pastor and the Worship Pastor at Life Church. She has served alongside her husband Matt as a Young Adults leader, Worship Pastor, Intern director, District Pastor and Elder. Tonya brings experience, wisdom, and infectious energy to everything she does. She can also create a Pottery Barn home on a Target budget.
Lead & Worship Pastor
Mike serves our church with a combination of approachable leadership and practical teachings that apply to everyday life. He first came to Life Church staff in 1982 but returned to take the lead in early 2012 with new vision and eager anticipation for the future. He and his wife Ev passed the baton of Senior leadership to the Janzens in September 2021. His heart is passionate for the community he serves and is apparent in everything he does.
Executive Associate Pastor
Women's pastor, events planner, and mentor are only a few of the roles that Ev fills here at Life Church. She loves to stay active and spend time at the beach, whether it's White Rock beach or in Cabo San Lucas. Ev deeply cherishes time spent with friends and family. She is the mother of two sons and a daughter, and a "Gam" to her three grandsons and grandaughter.
Associate & Women's Pastor
Jessica began serving as Life Kids Coordinator in the Spring of 2020. She has been serving in children’s ministry for over 20 years and is also a teacher in the Surrey school district. Jessica, her husband Steve, and their three children came to Life Church with Pastors Matt & Tonya and are excited to be a part of the next season of Life Church and Life Kids. To contact Jessica regarding Life Kids, please email: email@example.com
Life Kids Coordinator
Financial Director and Soundman Extraordinaire, Dwight is a retired math teacher who has been a member of Life Church since 1973 and an elder since 1983. His generous heart keeps him busy tutoring and helping people in the church with various projects. He and his wife, Dianne, enjoy traveling and spending time with their family.
Becky has been an elder of Life Church since 2012 and has experience as a pastor. Because of her natural ability to lead and encourage, she is a mentor and teacher to many.
Becky is passionate about raising up women of faith in the church through instruction, fellowship, and fun. She also enjoys meeting new people and spending time with family and friends.
Florli, previously a missionary in India for many years, has been an elder at Life Church since 2017. Florli has been blessing others with her wisdom, mentorship, and compassion; she naturally cultivates a culture of fellowship. She has two daughters
and five grandchildren.
We are thrilled to welcome Traci, who brings years of business and ministry experience to her role on our staff. She has recently retuned to Life church where she grew up and married her husband Dag. She brings a great deal of excellence to her role here, as well as a tender heart to serve the Lord Jesus. She loves the Lord, her husband & kids and the church!
Maureen is the manager of the Living Room Store and we are so grateful to have her step into this role. She previously managed it for 11 years before retiring. Maureen has been very involved in her community and has a great love for people.
Living Room Store Manager
Colleen enjoys her role in the Life Church office. She retired from her previous job in 2017, which she held for 31 years. Colleen and her husband Allan have 2 daughters and she enjoys her family time. She cares deeply about helping others and serving God. Colleen serves in various areas of the church helping out wherever she can. She also volunteers at the church thrift store. Colleen is grateful to God for leading her to Life Church.
Jasper and his wife, Kristina have 2 children. Jasper is a valued part of our worship team, is an artist and does graphics for Life Church.
Life Church ELL classes demonstrate how much God cares for us by offering practise in listening and speaking English through games, pronunciation drills, and informal conversation groups. Currently, classes are Monday nights over Zoom.